Vitamin D 2000 Vegan Formula
The sunshine vitamin
Vitamin D is also called “the sunshine vitamin” because it is mainly produced by the body in response to skin being exposed to sunlight. Only few foods are naturally rich in vitamin D. If you live north of the line connecting San Francisco to Philadelphia, odds are that your body doesn’t manufacture enough vitamin D. The same holds true if you don’t exposure your skin for at least a 15-minute to sunlight. African-Americans and others with darker skin tone, as well as older individuals, tend to have much lower levels of vitamin D, as do people who are overweight or obese.
Vitamin D and health
There is no doubt that vitamin D is an important nutrient for overall well-being. This is also reflected in the fact that nearly every tissue and cell type in the body has receptors for vitamin D. Vitamin D ensures, for example, that the intestines can absorb calcium and phosphorus from food. It supports the functionality of bones, teeth and muscles and promotes cardiovascular and immune health. Accordingly, a sufficient and stable vitamin D balance has a major influence on human well-being.*
Vitamin D 2000 Vegan Formula – what is it?
The vitamin D3 contained in Biogena Vitamin D 2000 Vegan Formula is obtained from lichen and thus offers a purely vegetable alternative, especially for people living purely vegetarian or vegan, who want to ensure an optimal supply of the sun vitamin.
Vitamin D 2000 Vegan Formula• With vitamin D3 from purely vegetable origin
• Bone and teeth health: Vitamin D promotes absorption of calcium and phosphorus and reduces urinary calcium loss. It helps maintain proper calcium levels, as well as healthy bone and teeth mineralization*
• Muscle health: Vitamin D has a role in skeletal muscle health. Several studies show that Vitamin D may help increase muscle strength*
• Immune health: Vitamin D can modulate the immune responses*
• Adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Wheat Free
- Dairy/ Milk Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Preservative Free
- Salt Free
- Free of Artificial Colors/Flavors
- Egg Free
- Shellfish Free
- Lactose Free
- Fish Free
- Tree Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Casein Free
1 capsule per day taken with a meal and plenty of liquid.
If you are pregnant or nursing, or taking prescription medications, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
VCAPS® & logo are trademarks of Lonza or its affiliates.