Met Acid Test - B12 Status
Shop for OmegaQuant
The Vitamin B12 test measures a substance called methylmalonic acid (MMA) in the urine, which is a specific indicator of low B12 status. The more MMA you have, the more likely you are to be low in this critical nutrient.
1. COLLECT SAMPLE Collect your sample and place it in the mailing pouch you received with your kit.
2. MAIL SAMPLE Put your sample in the return envelope and drop it in the mail.
3. GET RESULTS In 2-4 weeks you will get your personalized results.
4. MODIFY DIET Use recommendations & healthcare provider guidance to modify diet.
USER INSTRUCTIONS:• Remove all components from your kit and lay them out in front of you.
• Fill out the Test Request Form with the barcode labels. Then remove one barcode label, place it onto the Collector tube (D) and set aside for urine collection.
• Prepare for urine 4 collection. Unscrew the tube cap (3).
• Push the collector tube (4) on the Colli-Pee® device (D).
• Collect urine: The device will automatically collect the correct volume. There is no need to interrupt the urine stream. Excess urine that no longer fits into the collector tube, will flow into the toilet via the other end of the housing (3).
• Disconnect the collector tube (4) from the Colli-Pee® device (D).
• Tube cap (3) should be screwed on tightly.
• Place the closed Collector tube (4) with sample into biohazard bag (E) and seal.
• Wash your hands.
• Place the Biohazard bag that has your sample and the Test Request Form back into the plastic clamshell packaging and close.
• Place plastic packaging containing your sample in the mailing pouch (F), seal, apply return mail label (D) and place package into mail on the same day.
• Dispose of the Colli-Pee®.