Basic Minerals, from Douglas Laboratories, is a comprehensive mineral/trace element formula. Basic Minerals contains patented mineral amino acid chelates from Albion Laboratories and other welltolerated and highly absorbable mineral forms. Basic Minerals is iron-free, making it an appropriate choice for those concerned about getting too much iron but who want to supplement with a full-spectrum of other minerals and trace elements. FUNCTIONS Minerals play a variety of essential roles throughout the body. Some of the primary roles of each mineral include:
• Calcium is a principal mineral constituent of bones and is thus essential for strong bones.
• Magnesium is involved in energy metabolism, and is notably important in the heart, skeletal muscles, and nervous system.
• Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of thyroxin, the thyroid hormone that regulates the body’s metabolic rate.
• Zinc is important for growth, immune system function, protein synthesis, antioxidant mechanisms, and wound healing.
• Selenium is an essential cofactor of glutathione peroxidase, a potent antioxidant.
• Copper regulates iron metabolism and activates superoxide dismutase, a powerful endogenous antioxidant.
• Manganese is essential for antioxidant systems in the body, bone growth, fat metabolism, and protein, nucleic acid, and cartilage synthesis.
• Chromium is required for normal blood sugar and lipid metabolism; it is an integral component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF).
• Molybdenum is involved in copper and iron transport, nucleic acid synthesis, and sulfur metabolism.
• Potassium is involved in normal muscle tone, nerve function, and many enzymes.
• Vanadium is active in lipid and glucose metabolism.
• Boron is involved in steroid hormone metabolism, cell membrane stability, and bone health.
INDICATIONS Basic Minerals may be used by individuals who want to supplement with a complete array of minerals and trace elements. Individuals who already take a Douglas Laboratories multiple vitamin-mineral-trace element supplement do not generally need additional minerals
As a dietary supplement, adults take 6 capsules daily or as directed by physician.
Serving Size: 6 capsules
Amount Per Serving
(as calcium citrate)
(as magnesium aspartate and magnesium amino acid chelate**)
(as zinc amino acid chelate**)
(as selenium amino acid complex)
(as copper amino acid chelate**)
(as manganese amino acid chelate**)
(as chromium polynicotinate)
(as molybdenum amino acid chelate**)
(as potassium chloride)
(as vanadyl sulfate)
(as boron aspartate-citrate)
Other ingredients: Cellulose, gelatin (capsule), v egetable stearate and silica.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.