Shop for Douglas Laboratories
B-Complex is a combination of B vitamins, including vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, biotin and folate (as Metafolin L-5-MTHF), all of which are provided in their optimal bioavailable and functional forms.
B vitamins play important roles in nearly all physiological systems in the body. Some of the key supportive roles involve nutrient and energy metabolism. B vitamins are essential to basal mitochondrial function as metabolic coenzymes, playing a key role in energy production and nutrient metabolism. Optimal levels of B vitamins have been associated with cellular, cardiovascular, neurological and psychological health. Methylation is a key regulator of genetic expression and cellular function. Healthy methylation is vital for cellular health, DNA synthesis and energy metabolism. At the molecular level, the main function of folate is to donate methyl groups in key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues. In addition, folate promotes the production of healthy DNA. In conjunction with vitamins B12 and B6, folate helps to support healthy homocysteine metabolism, cardiovascular function and neurological health. Folate is offered in this formula as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate, providing support for individuals with genetic variations in the MTHFR gene. Genetic variations affecting activation and metabolism of supplemental folic acid are highly prevalent. Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, 5-MTHF is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations. Vitamin B12, as methylcobalamin, works with 5-MTHF to support methylation of homocysteine. Methylcobalamin also supports neuronal function and healthy brain cell activity.
- Amount Per Serving
- Each vegetarian capsule contains:
- Thiamin (vitamin B1, as thiamine HCl ) 100mg
- Riboflavin (as vitamin B2 and 60% riboflavin 5' phosphate)12.7 mg
- Niacin (vitamin B3, as niacinamide and inositol hexaniacinate)108 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl and 40%16.7 mg
- pyridoxal 5' phosphate)
- Folate (as Metafolin, L-5-MTHF)667 mcg DFE (400 mcg L-5-MTHF)
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)400 mcg
- Biotin400 mcg
- Pantothenic acid (B5, as calcium panthothenate)100 mg
- Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate
- Metafolin is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
- SUGGESTED USE: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, as directed by your health professional.