Pomegranate Fruit Extract
Heart-Healthy Pomegranate Polyphenols
Numerous studies show that pomegranate is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. What’s more, it’s absorbed into the bloodstream far more efficiently than other fruit extracts. According to one study, pomegranate extract is 95% absorbed, which is far greater than any other polyphenol-containing fruit extract of its kind. Now you can get the polyphenol power of 30 pomegranates in every single capsule of Pomegranate Fruit Extract.
Benefits at a Glance
- One of nature’s most powerful antioxidants
- Most bioavailable fruit extract of its kind
- Each capsule contains the equivalent polyphenol content of 30 pomegranates
- Highly effective suppression of free radicals
Although most plant polyphenols possess remarkable health benefits, they are relatively difficult for your body to absorb. However, the unique polyphenols found in pomegranate, called punicalagins, are 100% water soluble and show an amazingly efficient 95% absorption rate.1 It also contains active constituents called ellagitannins, which metabolize into beneficial polyphenols like ellagic acid.
Not only is pomegranate absorbed into your bloodstream far more efficiently than any other fruit extract, clinical studies have also shown pomegranate to be one of the most effective suppressors of free radicals in all of nature.2-8 It also helps suppress the inflammatory cytokine called interleukin-1 beta.
In response to the overwhelming scientific evidence of punicalagins’ outstanding health benefits, which range from promoting cardiovascular health to prostate health, 9-15 Life Extension® has created a standalone pomegranate extract. A proprietary extraction process preserves the pomegranate polyphenols (including the punicalagins) in a concentrated, dry powder form, so you can now obtain the equivalent health benefits of up to 12.3 ounces of pomegranate juice (or 30 pomegranates) in just one daily capsule but without the sugar or calories you would get from juice.
So try Pomegranate Fruit Extract and power up with pomegranate polyphenols.
- Eur J Nutr. 2003 Jan;42(1):18-28.
- Atherosclerosis. 2006 Aug;187(2):363-71.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Aug 14;50(17):4791-5.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Oct;48(10):4581-9.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2005 (53):6126-?6132.
- Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005 Mar;39(2):80-3.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2006 Jul;44(7):984-93.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Mar 8;54(5):1928-35.
- Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2002 28(2-3):49-62.
- J Nutr. 2001 Aug;131(8):2082-9.
- Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Jul;145(6):767-74.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2005 Sep;16(9):570-6.
- Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Jul 1;12(13):4018-26.
- Cell Cycle. 2006 Feb;5(4):371-3.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005 Oct 11;102(41):148813-8.
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
POMELLA® pomegranate extract ... 400mg
(fruit) [std. to 30% punicalagins]
Pomegranate 5:1 extract ... 100mg
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate, dicalcium phosphate.
POMELLA® Extract is covered under U.S. Patent 7, 638, 640 and POMELLA® is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.