Hyaluronic Acid 100mgPatient One MediNutritionals
Promotes joint lubrication and comfort and supports hydrated, youthful skin
- Thickens synovial fluid and optimizes connective tissue health
- Supports joint flexibility and comfort
- Nourishes and hydrates collagen
- Promotes smooth, healthy skin
- Vegetarian formula
Naturally present in the human body, hyaluronic acid is highly concentrated in the skin and connective tissue in the joints. This polymer is a major component of synovial fluid that enables smooth movement of and provides cushioning for joints. Nearly 50% of all hyaluronic acid in the body is found in the skin, and this natural moisturizing agent is also present in eye fluid.
As we age, the synovial fluid that provides lubrication and reduces friction between the cartilage and joints during movement begins to decline and break down and may cause joint discomfort. By helping to thicken synovial fluid surrounding joints, hyaluronic acid protects against mechanical friction and provides lubrication and shock absorption. Research also suggests that hyaluronic acid provides further support for joint function by modulating prostaglandin production.
Water readily binds to hyaluronic acid, creating a jelly-like dermal space filler between collagen and elastin, which work together to give skin its shape and firmness and help make skin soft and smooth. Its role in attracting and retaining water in extracellular matrix of tissues is necessary for well-functioning cell communication, hydration, nutrient delivery and waste and toxin elimination. By promoting healthy turnover and renewal of keratinocytes, hyaluronic acid is supportive of the skin by lessening the appearance of fine lines and age spots.
As the vitreous humor of the eye is composed almost entirely of hyaluronic acid, it also functions as a lubricant to prevent eyes from becoming dry.
Patient One Hyaluronic Acid is derived from a vegetarian source, produced through fermentation. While in nature sodium hyaluronate is a high molecular weight polysaccharide, ranging from thousands to millions Dalton, our formula supplies a low molecular weight source for ease of absorption in the small intestines and optimal utilization by the body.
- Balazs EA, Denlinger JL. Viscosupplementation: a new concept in the treatment of osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol Suppl 1993;39:3–9.
- Moreland LW. Intra-articular hyaluronan (hyaluronic acid) and hylans for the treatment of osteoarthritis: mechanisms of action. Arthritis Res Ther 2003;5:54–67.
- Wobig M, Dickhut A, Maier R, Vetter G. Viscosupplementation with hylan G-F 20: a 26-week controlled trial of efficacy and safety in the osteoarthritic knee. Clin Ther 1998;20:410– 23.
- Huskisson EC, Donnelly S. Hyaluronic acid in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee. Rheumatology (Oxford) 1999;38: 602–7.
- Wang CT, Lin J, Chang CJ, Lin YT, Hou SM. Therapeutic effects of hyaluronic acid onosteoarthritis of the knee: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004;86-A:538–45.
Take 2 capsules daily as a dietary supplement, with or between meals, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Hyaluronic Acid ... 100mg
(as Sodium Hyaluronate)
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), calcium palmitate
Free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives.
Free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).