Biotin 600mcgLife Extension
Biotin is an unnumbered member of the water soluble B-complex family, normally only required in minute amounts. Biotin is used as a cofactor of enzymes involved in fatty acid metabolism, gluconeogenesis, and amino acid catabolism, and is essential in maintaining metabolic homeostasis.1-4 Biotin plays an important role in metabolic functioning as a coenzyme carrier of activated carbon dioxide in the TCA cycle (also known as the Krebs cycle).3-7 In its coenzyme form, biotin synthesizes glucose from non-carbohydrate sources, and synthesizes and breaks down certain fatty acids and amino acids.4-7
- Trends Mol Med. 2006 Jun;12(6):247-54.
- Med Secoli. 2007;19(1):9-18.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2006 Oct 27;163(1-2):94-112.
- Mol Genet Metab. 2007 Nov;92(3):222-8.
- Arch Med Res. 2002 Sep-Oct;33(5):439-47
- Subcell Biochem. 2012;56:1-19.
- J Nutr. 2007 Jan;137(1):25-30.
Take one (1) capsule daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
Biotin ... 600mcg
Other Ingredients: rice flour, gelatin, vegetable stearate.