NAC + Glycine Powder 5.6 0z
Shop for Pure Encapsulations
NAC + Glycine Powder 5.6 0z | Pure Encapsulations | Supports detoxification and Immune system
The combination of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Glycine supports the production of glutathione, immune defense, and detoxification processes. NAC + Glycine powder designed by pure encapsulations is an antioxidant, detoxifier, and supports cognitive function. NAC is a powerful antioxidant that supports glutathione production, which is the body's most important endogenous antioxidant. Glycine supports detoxification processes by aspartic acid and other amino acids.
In the body, glutathione recycles other antioxidants, protects the body from free radicals, and assists in detoxification. The enzyme is present in almost every cell in the body, and it plays an essential role in the cell's function. It has been shown that high glutathione levels help reduce oxidative stress and DNA damage. The amino acids cysteine and glycine are necessary precursors for glutathione synthesis (GSH), and the co-supplementation of these nutrients enhances the levels of glutathione in the cells. As we age, our bodies require more cysteine and glycine than can be obtained through diet alone. Researchers found that supplementing elderly patients with N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and/or glycine for two weeks raised the level of glutathione in red blood cells (RBCs) more effectively than supplementing each amino acid separately.
The glycine level in RBC increased by 32%, cysteine level by 46%, and GSH level by 53% after supplementation with NAC and glycine. Furthermore, the ratio of reduced (active) glutathione to oxidized glutathione (GSSG) increased significantly. Increased GSH was associated with improvement in antioxidant status as measured by F2-isoprostanes, as well as mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation.
During times of metabolic stress, NAC and glycine can maintain healthy cytokine release. Studies suggest that glycine may moderate TNF-a and promote IL-10, which supports cytokine balance. It is also associated with good cardiometabolic health. Supplementation with NAC appears to have a positive effect on mood and social functioning. Several studies suggest that cysteine modulates glutamate through the reward-reinforcement pathway. Moreover, NAC is a free radical scavenger and promotes immune defense as well as respiratory health by supporting epithelial cell health and cilia activity in the lungs. Through mucolytic and antioxidant properties, it supports lung tissue. It has been shown that 600 mg of NAC twice daily ameliorates respiratory and immune function in randomized, double-blind trials involving mostly older individuals.
Key Benefits: NAC Glycine Powder
- Promotes glutathione synthesis and restores glutathione levels
- Protects the body from environmental toxins and boosts antioxidant defenses
- Protects the immune system and respiratory system
- Effortlessly reduces oxidative stress caused by aging
- Peach-ginger flavor with a delicious taste
- Amount Per Serving
- Each serving contains 1.8 grams of NAC and glycine
- one scoop (approximately 5.3 g) contains:
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (free-form)1,800 mg
- glycine (free-form)1,800 mg
- other ingredients: natural peach, mango, orange, and ginger flavors with other natural flavors, potassium citrate, tri-magnesium citrate, purified stevia leaf extracts
- 1 scoop daily, mixed with 8 oz water, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.