Glucose CarePatient One MediNutritionals
- Comprehensive combination of natural compounds that support healthy glucose and insulin metabolism
- Promotes optimal blood sugar levels
- Supports glucose transport and glycogen storage
- Maintains insulin signaling pathways
- Promotes healthy pancreas function
- Includes nutrients depleted by impaired glucose metabolism
Patient One Glucose Care™ combines clinically verified nutrients and botanicals with synergistic vitamins and minerals into a multi-function formula to help regulate and maintain blood sugar levels already within healthy range. Supplying five advanced, patented herbal extracts and essential nutrients, Glucose Care provides comprehensive support for patients with compromised glucose metabolism.
Chromium increases insulin’s ability to bind to cells, increases insulin receptor numbers on cells, and improves insulin’s ability to detect glucose molecules in the blood. Chromium is often deficient in those with impaired glucose metabolism. Restoring chromium levels in these individuals helps to stabilize their blood sugar levels. Patient One Glucose Care supplies chromium as ChromeMate®, a unique, patented niacin-bound chromium complex that significantly increases the bioavailability, biological activity and efficacy of chromium.
Studies have shown that ChromeMate is 18 times more bioactive than other forms of niacin-bound chromium. In animal models used to estimate bioavailability in humans, ChromeMate was absorbed and retained more than 600% greater than chromium chloride and 300% greater than chromium picolinate.
Cinnulin PF is a patented water-soluble extract of Cinnamomum. It is the only extract standardized for doubly linked Type-A Polymers, shown in clinical research to have a host of health benefits, particularly those related to metabolic syndrome. Cinnulin PF has demonstrated ability to reduce the risk factors associated with diabetes and cardiovascular health issues.
Cinnamon has been studied extensively for its roles in glucose uptake, glycogen synthesis, insulin action, and support for healthy blood lipid metabolism. Human studies have shown that water-extracted cinnamon supplementation helped the body maintain healthy blood sugar levels, improved antioxidant status, and supported healthy blood pressure and body composition changes.
Manganese and Vanadium (as TRAACS® Manganese Glycinate Chelate and TRAACS® Vanadium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate):
Impaired glucose metabolism has been linked with manganese deficiency, which can result in pancreatic insufficiencies. Manganese is also a component of the free radical scavenger Superoxide Disumutase (SOD) that protects cells, most notably pancreatic beta-cells that produce insulin. Supplementing with manganese can restore pancreatic function.
Vanadium is believed to enhance the effects of insulin and can also help support balanced glucose metabolism. Vanadium may be therapeutic for those who do not have sufficient levels of insulin, as vanadium improves insulin function rather than mimics it completely.
Patient One supplies these important minerals as TRAACS, nutritionally functional chelated minerals from Albion Labs. Supporting science shows that TRAACS chelated minerals remain stable as they travel through the stomach--providing 90% greater absorption over other mineral salts. In addition to higher bioavailability, they are easier to tolerate than many other mineral forms, avoiding unpleasant gastric discomfort.
Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Glycinate Chelate):
Zinc homeostasis is negatively affected by impaired glucose metabolism, resulting in zinc malabsorption. Hyperglycemia may also lead to increased excretion of zinc by the kidneys. Zinc plays an important role in improving insulin’s ability to bind to receptors on cell membranes and transport glucose into the cells to be used as energy.
Zinc is also needed for the beta cells in the pancreas to produce insulin. Additionally, zinc is an integral component of antioxidant enzymes and a cofactor for enzymatic processes in glucose and sugar metabolism. High concentrations of glucose levels combined with low zinc levels can result in an increase of free radicals known to cause neuropathy, nephropathy, and retinopathy seen in diabetic individuals.
Patient One supplies zinc glycinate as TRAACS, patented chelated minerals that absorb very effectively into the bloodstream and are well tolerated, as explained above.
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) and Vitamin B6:
Thiamine is a cofactor for two important enzymes which are fundamental for intracellular glucose metabolism. Found in nerve tissue, thiamine also modulates nerve impulse transmission. Vitamin B1 levels are lower in diabetics, partly because the elevated blood sugar causes increased thiamine excretion by the kidney, at a rate of 16 to 25 times higher than normal.
Vitamin B6, as pyridoxine, is another important coenzyme. It is important for amino acid and carbohydrate metabolism. Vitamin B6 deficiency is common among those with poor blood sugar control, and clinical data show that diabetics who take insulin have lower vitamin B6 levels than those taking oral anti-diabetics. This demonstrates that vitamin B6 levels get even lower as diabetes progresses. Studies also show that vitamin B6 deficiency is strongly associated with glucose intolerance and reduced secretion of insulin and glucagon.
- In a recent study, 83% of those given Cinnulin PF® experienced a significant decrease in fasting blood sugar (about an 8% drop), compared to only 33% in the placebo group.1
- A 2012 review of several recent studies concluded that the use of cinnamon had a potentially beneficial effect on glycemic control. One study published in 2009 found that a 500 mg capsule of cinnamon taken twice a day for 90 days improved hemoglobin A1C levels in people with poorly controlled Type 2 diabetes (hemoglobin A1C greater than 7%). (Mayo Clinic)
- In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 20-patient study, researchers from Georgetown University and Creighton University found that taking 3mg of ChromeMate delivering 300mcg of chromium a day for three months significantly lowered fasting blood glucose levels while placebo had no effect. The study showed that ChromeMate also decreased HbA1c levels.
- Ziegenfuss TN, Hofheins JE, Mendel RW, et al. Effects of a water-soluble cinnamon extract on body composition and features of the metabolic syndrome in pre-diabetic men and women. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2006 Dec 28;3:45-53. [PMID: 18500972]
- Kim SH, Choung SY. Antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic action of Cinnamomi Cassiae (Cinnamon bark) extract in C57BL/Ks db/db mice. Arch Pharm Res. 2010 Feb;33(2):325-33. [PMID: 20195835]
- Mang B, Wolters M, Schmitt B, et al. Effects of a cinnamon extract on plasma glucose, HbA, and serum lipids in diabetes mellitus type 2. Eur J Clin Invest. 2006 May;36(5):340-44. [PMID: 16634838]
- Roussel AM, Hininger I, Benaraba R, et al. Antioxidant effects of a cinnamon extract in people with impaired fasting glucose that are overweight or obese. J Am Coll Nutr. 2009 Feb;28(1):16-21. [PMID: 19571155]
- Wiernsperger N, Rapin J. Trace elements in glucometabolic disorders: an update. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2010 Dec 19;2:70. [PMID: 21167072]
- Olin KL, Stearns DM, Armstrong WH, Keen CL. Comparative retention/absorption of 51chromium (51Cr) from 51Cr chloride, 51Cr nicotinate and 51Cr picolinate in a rat model. Trace Elem Electrol. 1994;11:182-186.
- Bagchi M, Jensen N, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Efficacy and toxicological assessment of a novel, niacin-bound chromium in ameliorating metabolic disorders, 10th International Congress.
- Gandia P; Bour D; Laurette JM; Donazzolo Y; Duchène P; Béjot M; Houin G. A bioavailability study comparing two oral formulations containing zinc (Zn bisglycinate vs. Zn gluconate) after a single administration to twelve healthy female volunteers. Toxicology-Finland 197:abs. 354, July 2004. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2007; 77(4):243-8 (ISSN:0300-9831)
Take 3 vegetarian capsules daily in divided doses, preferably with meals, as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Thiamine ... 30mg
(Vitamin B-1) (as thiamine HCl)
Vitamin B-6 ... 50mg
(as pyridoxine HCl)
Zinc ... 30mg
(as TRAACS® Zinc Glycinate Chelate)
Manganese ... 5mg
(as TRAACS® Manganese Glycinate Chelate)
Chromium ... 600mcg
(as Chromemate® chromium polynicotinate)
Sugar Control Proprietary Blend ... 500.06mg
Cinnulin PF™ Patented Water Extract of Cinnamon (Cortex Cinnamomi) (Cassia bark) and Vanadium (as TRAACS® Vanadium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose, and l-leucine
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, beef, or pork. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Chromemate®, a patented, biologically active oxygen-coordinated niacin-bound chromium complex, is a registered trademark of InterHealth N.I. Cinnulin PF™ is a registered trademark of IN Ingredients. TRAACS® is a registered trademark of Albion Laboratories, Inc.