The most well-known benefits of using a jade roller include reducing inflammation and puffiness of the skin, reducing the appearance of under eye circles (especially if your roller is cold), stimulating the lymphatic system and blood circulation, brightening complexion, tightening pores, helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.
1) Start at the base of your neck. Gently roll in a downward motion from ear to clavicle. Repeat 3x then move to the next section, working across your neck from the ear to the center line.
2) Move to the center of your chin. Roll out from the center towards the hair line. At the end of your third pass toward the hairline, drain the lymph by rolling down the side of the face toward the clavicle once. Continue this pattern, rolling horizontally across the face 3x then draining once down perpendicular to your previous movement, as you work your way up the face.
3) At the under eye, use the small end of the roller. Roll 3x from the nose toward the end of the brow. On the last roll, finish by drawing down the side of the face to the clavicle. Repeat these movements just under the eyebrow.
4) Lastly, gently roll from the center of the forehead toward the side of the face 3x, draining down to the clavicle on the last pass. Repeat this moving up the forehead.
5) To finish, repeat your last draining movement 2-3x more. Repeat on other side.
Erasing wrinkles: during the Rejuvenating Facial Rolling sequence, you can use the smaller roller to fine tune any areas you'd like to focus on, such as around the eye (crows feet), between the brow (11 lines), the forehead, and above and below the lips. Hold the skin taught with the opposite hand and use the roller as an eraser, rolling back and forth across the line (perpendicular +). This stimulates blood flow to the area, plumping the skin and diminishing wrinkle depth.