GI-OnePatient One MediNutritionals
Broad spectrum digestive enzyme complex optimizing food metabolism and nutrient absorption
- Optimizes metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Supports GI tract mucosal lining health
- Promotes regularity and digestive comfort
- Helps maintain intestinal flora balance
- Supports immune system health
- Includes quercetin for food sensitivities and lactase for lactose intolerance
Patient One GI-One™ is our award-winning, all-in-one medinutritional formula designed to optimize food metabolism and nutrient absorption while promoting multiple aspects of gastrointestinal health, digestive performance and comfort.
Digestive Enzyme Complex:
GI-One’s broad-spectrum digestive enzyme complex – including amylase, cellulase, lipase, lactase, pancreatin, protease, bromelain and papain —catalyzes breakdown of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, liberating energy while ensuring bioavailability of health-promoting macronutrients. The complete digestion of these macronutrients produces small peptides, amino acids, monosaccharides and disaccharides, and free fatty acids that can easily pass through the intestinal microvilli and enter the bloodstream. Healthy digestion assures that incompletely digested molecules and proteins don’t enter the bloodstream where they can be recognized as foreign invaders by the immune system. In addition, enzymes promote overall digestive comfort, helping relieve gas and bloating as well as other symptoms associated with gastrointestinal distress.
Betaine HCL is a digestive aid comprised of beetderived betaine bound to hydrochloric acid. This bound form is the ideal delivery method because it efficiently reaches the stomach. Here, Betaine HCL lowers stomach pH and establishes a favorable environment for digestive enzymes to begin food metabolism and promote ideal nutrient absorption.
GI-One’s Lactospore® supplies 333 million viable Lactobacillus sporogenes spores per serving, which promote a balanced internal environment associated with regularity, digestive comfort, healthy intestinal function and immune system performance. Naturally microencapsulated for stability, Lactobacillus sporogenes is considered a superior species, capable of surviving gastric acidity and proliferating extensively in the intestines into thriving friendly flora colonies. GI-One’s probiotic Lactospore is an ideal adjunctive therapy for patients taking antibiotic or immunosuppressive drugs known to diminish probiotic levels.
Quercetin has been shown to possess inflammation modulating properties that may be beneficial for those with mild food sensitivites. Reaserch also suggests that quercetin might assist with the management of peptic ulcers and their associated H. Pylori bacteria by promoting gastroprotective mucus secretion.
- A digestion study conducted by The Netherlands Organization for Applied Research found that adding digestive enzymes like those found in Gi-OneTM promoted digestion of carbohydrates as compared to digestion without additional digestive enzymes. Results also found that digestion of proteins in the ileum were positively supported as compared to digestion without added enzymes.
- Enzyme supplementation therapy plays an integral role in the management of various digestive disorders. Historically porcine and bovine pancreatic enzymes have been the preferred form of supplementation for digestive disorders, especially pancreatic insufficiency. Microbe-derived
- lipase has shown promise with studies indicating benefits similar to pancreatic enzymes. Synergistic effects have been observed using a combination of animal-based enzymes and mircrobe-derived enzymes or bromelain.
- McFarland LV. Meta-analysis of probiotics for the prevention of antibiotic associated diarrhea and the treatment of Clostridium difficile disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006 Apr;101(4):812-22.
- Sugimoto K, Makihara T, Saito A, Ohishi N, Nagase T, Takai D. Betaine improved restriction digestion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005 Dec 2;337(4):1027-9. Epub 2005 Oct 3.
- Walker-Renard, P. Update on the medicinal management of phytobezoars. Am J Gastroenterol. 1993;88(10):1663-1666
- Minekus, M PhD Thesis, University of Utrecht. Netherlands. 1998.
- Altern Med Rev 2008;13(4):307-314)
Take 1-2 vegetable capsules as a dietary supplement with meals, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Amylase 100, 000 FCC units/gm ... 35mg
Bromelain ... 100mg
(from pineapple) (2400 gelatin digestive units per gram)
Betaine Hydrochloride ... 50mg
Cellulase 20, 000 FCC units/gm ... 40mg
Lipase 100, 000 FIP LU/gm ... 5mg
Lactase 100, 000 FCC/gm ... 10mg
Lactospore® Lactobacillus sporogenes ... 11.10mg
(Providing 166.5 million spores)
Papaya powder ... 100mg
(Carrica papaya) (fruit)
Papain 2000 USP units/mg ... 3mg
(Carrica papaya) (fruit)
Pancreatin 4X ... 200mg
(porcine) (Protease 100 USP units/mg, Amylase 100 USP units/mg, Lipase 8 USP units/mg)
Protease 200, 000 FCC units/gm ... 3.25mg
Quercetin ... 37.50mg
Other Ingredients: hypromellose, rice flour, l-leucine
This product is FREE OF egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, and beef. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors.
Lactospore® is a registered trademark of Sabinsa Corp.