Dan Shen (Chinese Salvia)
Herbs That Invigorate the Blood.
Invigorates the Blood and dispels Blood Stasis:• Blood Stasis in the Lower Jiao (very important in gynecology)
• Blood Stasis obstructing the chest
• Rib and hypochondriac pain due to Liver Qi and Blood Stasis
Clears Heat and soothes irritability:• Ying Stage Heat with restlessness, irritability, palpitations and insomnia
• Heart and Kidney Yin Deficiency
Cools the Blood and reduces abscesses:
Nourishes the Blood and calms the Spirit:• Palpitations and insomnia due to Ying and Xue Stage Heat or Heart Blood Deficiency
Contraindications:• Contraindicated during pregnancy
• Contraindicated in early menstruation
• Contraindicated when menstruation is blocked due to Blood Deficiency
• Contraindicated for Yin Deficiency patients
• Contraindicated for those with loose stools of the Deficiency type
• Use caution in cases with no Blood Stasis
• Use caution with Qi Stage Heat
• Use caution for those with hypermenorrhea, hemoptysis or hematuria
• Large doses should not be prescribed for patients with a bleeding diathesis.
Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.