Nutritional support for colon health, GI regularity and healthy cleansing and detoxification
- Supplies both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Promotes bowel regularity
- Maintains healthy intestinal function
- Supports digestion, assimilation and elimination
- Aids the body in detoxification
- Perfect complement to Patient One L-Detox 13 A.M. Formula
Patient One C-Cleanse combines a number of natural ingredients known for their beneficial effect on colon health. GI-regularity and function are critical to physiological balance and overall well-being. The colon is one of the body’s primary organs involved in detoxification and elimination, and a clean colon is the bodys first line of defense against illness. Daily consumption of of processed foods, beverages and pharmceuticals can result in a wide array of chemicals for the body to convert to harmless byproducts for elimination. For some, this can stress the digestive system and result in complaints including intestinal upset, bloating, fatigue, achy joints, acne and more.
C-Cleanse is a powerful colon cleansing combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber shown to support colon health and promote regularity of bowel movements. Soluble fiber helps slow the rate of digestion, promoting satiety, nutrient absorption, healthy glycemic control and digestive health. It enhances satiety by absorbing water and adding bulk in the digestive tract. Insoluble fiber does not absorb or dissolve in water and as such it passes through the GI tract relatively intact, moving along the passage of food and waste through the gut.
C-Cleanse can be paired with Patient One L-Detox capsules for a complete detoxification program. L-Detox helps to release toxins from the liver, while C-Cleanse provides an effective means to flush unhealthy toxins from the body via elimination. More frequent bowel movements are important when performing a detox or cleanse.
This powder is unflavored and can be mixed with water or the beverage of your choice. It supplies 10 grams of dietary fiber per serving.
The body’s digestion, assimilation, and elimination of metabolic fuel and waste influence health at the cellular level. Toxins that enter the body must be detoxified and their metabolites must exit the body through elimination. The colon plays a major role in this process by expelling the remnants of toxic molecules. If these harmful remnants are not eliminated, they can recirculate throughout the body. The fiber supplied by C-Cleanse acts to help transport toxins from the body.
Rice bran is an excellent source of insoluble fiber. Regular consumption of insoluble fiber is important for healthy digestive function as it promotes a natural laxative effect by adding bulk to the diet, helping to prevent constipation.
Psyllium husk is a source of both soluble and insoluble fiber that has long been used as a bulking and lubricating agent for the digestive system. Psyllium is a partially fermented dietary fiber from Plantago ovata that increases stool weight and promotes laxation by its presence in stool and by increasing the moisture content of stool. The unfermented gel isolated from psyllium acts as an emollient and lubricant that allows for gentle ease of passage and softness of stool.
An added benefit of psyllium husk is its ability to lower serum total and LDL cholesterol concentrations. Psyllium also promotes a feeling of fullness that aids in healthy weight management.
Inulin provides a good, soluable prebiotic fiber source for support of healthy gut flora. Inulin has been shown in numerous studies to promote the growth of beneficial microorganisms, allowing them to crowd out detrimental organisms such as E. coli.
Apple pectin and prune powder provide additional sources of soluble fiber. With apple pectin’s ability to form a gel, it can bind water and toxins together, bulking the stool and carrying toxins out of the body. Prune powder is an excellent source of high pectin fiber. It also stimulates peristalsis and the elimination of waste.
- Wakai K, Date C, Fukui M, et al. Dietary fiber and risk of colorectal cancer in the Japan collaborative cohort study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2007 Apr;16(4):668-75. [PMID: 17416756]
- Anderson JW. Dietary fibre, complex carbohydrate and coronary artery disease. Can J Cardiol 1995;11(suppl):55G-62G.
- Anderson JW, Zettwoch N, Feldman T et al. Cholesterol-lowering effects of psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid for hypercholesterolemic men. Arch Intern Med 1988;148:292-6.
- Sprecher DL, Harris BV, Goldberg AC, et al. Efficacy of psyllium in reducing serum cholesterol levels in hypercholesterolemic patients on high - or low - fat diets. Ann Intern Med 1993;199:545-54.
- Levin EG, Miller VT, Muesing RA, et al. Comparison of psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid and cellulose as adjuncts to a prudent diet in the treatment of mild to moderate hypercholesterolemia. Arch Intern Med 1990;150:1822-7.
- Bell LP, Hectorne K. Reynolds H, et al. Cholesterol-lowering effects of psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid. JAMA 1989;261:3419-23.
- Bell LP, Hectorn KJ, Reynolds H, Hunninghake DB. Cholesterol-lowering effects of soluble-fibre cereals as part of a prudent diet for patients with mild to moderate hypercholesterolemia. Am J Clin Nutr 1990;52:1020-6.
- Anderson JW, Deakins DA, Floore TL, et al. Dietary fibre and coronary heart disease. CRC Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 1990;29:95-147.
- Anderson JW, Floore TL, Geil PB, et al. Hypocholesterolemic effects of different bulk-forming hydrophilic fibres as adjuncts to dietary therapy in mild to moderate hypercholesterolemia. Arch Intern Med 1991;151:1597-602.
- Everson GT, Daggy BP, McKinley C, Story JA. Effects of psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid on LDL-cholesterol and bile acid synthesis in hypercholesterolemic men. J Lipid Res 1992;33:1183-92.
- Anderson JW, Riddell-Mason S, Gustafson NJ, Smith SF, Mackey M. Cholesterol-lowering effects of psyllium-enriched cereal as an adjunct to a prudent diet in the treatment of mild to moderate hypercholesterolemia. Am J Clin Nutr 1992;56:93-8.
- Stoy DB, LaRosa JC, Brewer BK, et al. Cholesterol-lowering effects of ready-to-eat cereal containing psyllium. J Am Diet Assoc 1993;93:910-2.
- Wolever TMS, Jenkins DJA, Mueller S, et al. Method of administration influences the serum cholesterol-lowering effect of psyllium. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1055-9.
- Schwartz, Sheldon E., Christopher Starr, Suzanne Bachman, and Philip G. Holtzapple. "Dietary Fiber Decreases Cholesterol and Phospholipid Synthesis in Rat Intestine." Journal of Lipid Research 24 (1983): 746-52. ASBMB.
- Slavin, Joanne. "Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanism and Health Benefits." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine,
- Kaur, Narinder, and Anil K. Gupta. "Applications of Inulin and Oligofructose in Health and Nutrition." J Biosci Journal of Biosciences 27.7 (2002): 703-14. International Food Research Journal.
- Marteau P1, Jacobs H, Cazaubiel M, Signoret C, Prevel JM, Housez B. Effects of chicory inulin in constipated elderly people: a double-blind controlled trial. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2011 Mar;62(2):164-70. doi: 10.3109/09637486.2010.527323.
Other Shoppers Viewed
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.