Bone Strength Formula with KoActLife Extension
The use of diets high in collagen to improve bone health dates back to ancient cultures. Life Extension brings you this exciting formulation with KoAct®, a patented chelated form of calcium and collagen designed to maintain optimal bone health. KoAct® helps maintain bone strength and mineral density.1 This remarkable ingredient allows for greater strength and flexibility, so your bones can absorb energy, reducing the risk of age-related injuries. Additional plant extracts from bamboo and dried plum have also been added for their bone-protective minerals and polyphenols.2-8
Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® contains the following ingredients:
- Facilitates absorption of calcium into the bloodstream.
- Regulates how much calcium enters and leaves bone tissue.
- Helps regulate healthy cell division and differentiation.
- Functions as a vital co-factor in bone mineralization through the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
KoAct® is a unique patented chelated compound of calcium and hydrolyzed collagen peptides (type I collagen) designed to enhance collagen support and turnover while supporting optimal bone mineral density and strength,
- A critical component of our skeleton, with 50-60% of totally body magnesium found in bone
- Positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding.
Plays an important role in bone formation through the synthesis and/or stabilization of collagen.
Supports osteoblast (bone building cells) activity and function by upregulating cell-signaling compounds (Runx2, Osterix and IGF-1) and enhancing expression of an enzyme (lysyl oxidase) that is involved in collagen cross-linking.
Impacts steroid hormone metabolism-affecting the levels of estrogens and testosterone.
If you need extra bone support, ask your healthcare professional how Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® can be part of a comprehensive nutritional program in conjunction with proper resistance exercise. Life Extension offers several mineral formulas that may complement Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® to ensure optimal mineral intake. If you have any questions about this, please call a Life Extension Health Advisor who can help to tailor a supplement program that meets your individual bone-care needs at 1-800-226-2370.
1. Hooshmand S et al. Evidence for bone reversal properties of a calcium-collagen chelate, a novel dietary supplement. J Food Nutr Disor. 2013;2(1):1-6.
2. Jugdaohsingh R et al. Dietary Silicon Intake is Positively Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Men and Premenopasual Women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(2):297-307.
3. Arjmandi BH, Khalil DA, Lucas EA, et al. Dried plums improve indices of bone formation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2002 Jan;11(1):61-8.
4. Bu SY, Lerner M, Stoecker BJ, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008 Jun;82(6):475-88.
5. Franklin M, Bu SY, Lerner MR, et al. Dried plum prevents bone loss in a male osteoporosis model via IGF-I and the RANK pathway. Bone. 2006 Dec;39(6):1331-42.
6. Bu SY, Hunt TS, Smith BJ. Dried plum polyphenols attenuate the detrimental effects of TNF-alpha on osteoblast function coincident with up-regulation of Runx2, Osterix and IGF-I. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jan;20(1):35-44.
7. Bu SY, Lucas EA, Franklin M, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):931-42.
8. Deyhim F, Stoecker BJ, Brusewitz GH, Devareddy L, Arjmandi BH. Dried plum reverses bone loss in an osteopenic rat model of osteoporosis. Menopause. 2005 Nov;12(6):755-62.
Take four (4) capsules daily in divided doses with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Amount Per Serving:
Vitamin D3 ... 1000IU
Calcium ... 300mg
(from 3000 mg KoAct® Calcium Collagen Chelate and calcium fructoborate)
Magnesium ... 100mg
(as magnesium citrate)
Silicon ... 5mg
[from standardized Bamboo extract (stem)]
Dried Plum extract ... 100mg
(fruit) [standardized to 50% polyphenols by UV-Vis (50 mg)]
Boron ... 3mg
(calcium fructoborate as patented Fruitex B® OsteoBoron®)
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, maltodextrin, corn starch.