Active essentials for cellular energy production, nervous system function and cardiovascular health
- Supports cellular respiration and energy production
- Promotes healthy triglyceride and lipoprotein levels
- Enhances MAO activity
- Supports mental clarity, memory, and focus
- Optimizes new cell growth
- Supports glucose metabolism
Patient One B-Complex, most commonly recommended for stress, is a blend of 10 essential compounds, including the complete spectrum of B vitamins in their activated and easily absorbable forms, plus related nutrients. Our formula features Quatrefolic®, a cutting-edge active form of folate, and thiamine as Benfotiamine, which has enhanced bioavailability and easily penetrates into the inside of cells.
Thiamine (as Benfotiamine and Thiamine HCl) B1
Patient One B-Complex provides Thiamine as Benfotiamine—the fat soluble, physiologically superior form of Vitamin B-1—along with Thiamine HCl to support healthy blood sugar metabolism and protection against advanced glycation and oxidative stress.
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin-5-Phosphate) B2
Readily absorbed in the small intestine but not stored by the body, Riboflavin is an essential B vitamin. Patient One provides Riboflavin in its active form, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate, making it more easily available for use in the body. Riboflavin plays a key role in the conversion of other B vitamins and in fat and glucose metabolism. Riboflavin is also an important nutrient for healthy eyesight and skin.
Niacin (as niacinamide) B3
Niacin is an evidence-backed B vitamin that is most commonly used to support cardiovascular wellness. Research has suggested that niacin influences pathways associated with triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, helping to maintain blood cholesterol levels that are already within normal range.
Pyridoxine (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) B6
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate is the metabolically active form of vitamin B-6 that has been shown to protect living lipids and proteins against glycation reactions. Aging results in the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) throughout the body. By inhibiting AGE formation and working as a coenzyme in chemical reactions, pyridoxal- 5-phosphate can support healthy nerves, eyes, and cardiovascular and kidney function.
Folate (as Quatrefolic®)
Quatrefolic®, the advanced 5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) form of folate, bypasses metabolic steps for enhanced folate bioavailability. In vitro and in vivo studies have proven that Quatrefolic, the glucosamine salt of 5-MTHF, has greater stability, solubility and bioavailability over calcium salt forms of 5-MTHF. Folic acid is well-known for its critical role in fetal development and also supports cardiovascular health, nervous system health, normal cell growth and energy production. It plays a role in brain energy, and helps to promote peak mental sharpness and clear memory.
Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)
Methylcobalamin is a highly bioactive form of vitamin B-12 and accounts for most B-12 circulating in plasma. Methylcobalamin B-12 supplies methyl groups for protein and DNA synthesis while supporting circulation, neurotransmitter production, and cellular energy production. B-12 also optimizes healthy homocysteine levels, promoting overall cardiovascular wellness.
Biotin has a beneficial effect on a number of structures and functions in the body. It is best known for its positive effect on hair and nails but also plays a role in supporting glucose metabolism by stimulating glucose-induced insulin secretion in pancreatic beta cells and by accelerating glucose metabolism in the liver.
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B-5)
Pantothenic acid helps the body convert carbohydrates and fats into energy. It has been clinically proven to have a beneficial effect on lipid metabolism and adrenal immune function. It seems to positively affect triglyceride and lipoprotein levels by producing cystamine. B-5 is also considered the “anti-stress” vitamin because it supports healthy adrenal cortex function and hormone synthesis. In addition, vitamin B5 may support digestive tract health, enhancing absorption of other nutrients.
Choline is an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in maintaining the structural integrity of cell membranes. Choline is a precursor to acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter involved in memory, muscle control and other essential functions of the body.
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid)
PABA is a naturally occurring non-protein amino acid that works to improve the protein used in the body. It supports red blood cell formation, assists in the manufacture of folic acid in the intestines and also assists with breaking down of protein, the formation of red blood cells and maintaining intestinal flora.
- In a double-blind placebo-controlled trial, 205 subjects were randomized to receive either a combination of folic acid, vitamin B12, and vitamin B6, or placebo, for 6 months. At the end of the study, a significant benefit to cardiovascular function was observed in the treatment group compared to placebo. Plasma homocysteine levels were also significantly reduced in the treated group compared to placebo. (Schnyder et al, 2001)
- A study of women volunteers in childbearing age evaluated how supplementation with either a B-12 supplement or B-12 plus folic acid supplement might influence plasma homocysteine levels. At study’s end, researchers suggested that supplementation was associated with significant reductions in plasma homocysteine, with the combination supplement of B-12 and folic acid providing greater reductions than the folic acid supplement alone.
- A cohort study investigated the association between cognitive decline and B-12 and folate nutritional status. In the 1648 participants in the study, researchers found that low vitamin B-12 status was associated with more rapid cognitive decline.
- Labadarios D, Rossouw JE, McConnell JB, et al. Vitamin B6 deficiency in chronic liver disease – evidence for increased degradation of pyridoxal-5-phosphate.Gut. 1977;18:23-27. [PMID: 838399]
- Willems FF, Boers GH, Blom HJ, et al. Pharmacokinetic study on the utilisation of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate and folic acid in patients with coronary artery disease. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;41(5):825-30 [PMID: 14769778]
- Stirban A, Negrean M, Stratmann B, et al. Benfotiamine prevents macro- and microvascular endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress following a meal rich in advanced glycation end products in individuals with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2006 Sep;29(9):2064-71. [PMID: 16936154] Nature Med. 2003 Mar;9(3):294-9. Diabetes Care. 2006 Sep;29(9):2064-71.
- Schnyder G, Roffi M, Pin R, et al. N Engl J Med. 2001; 345:1593-1600.
- Halsted CH, Villanueva JA, Devlin AM. Folate deficiency, methionine metabolism, and alcoholic liver disease. Alcohol. 2002 Jul;27(3):169-72. [PMID: 12163145]
- Yakut M, Ustün Y, Kabaçam G, et al. Serum vitamin B(12) and folate status in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Eur J Intern Med. 2010 Aug;21(4):320-23. [PMID: 20603044]
Take 1 vegetarian capsule as a dietary supplement, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Thiamine ... 100mg
(Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamine HCl, Benfotiamine)
Riboflavin ... 25mg
(Vitamin B-2) (as Riboflavin-5-Phosphate)
Niacin ... 75mg
(Vitamin B-3) (as niacinamide)
Pyridoxine ... 25mg
(Vitamin B-6) (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)
Folate ... 400mcg
(as Quatrefolic® [6S]-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid equivalent to 800 mcg of [6S]-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
Vitamin B-12 ... 400mcg
Biotin ... 300mcg
Pantothenic acid ... 100mg
(Vitamin B-5) (as D-calcium pantothenate)
Choline bitartrate ... 50mg
PABA ... 25mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour and l-leucine
This product contains NO milk, eggs, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.