Promotes circulation, healthy immune response, and healthy sexual and athletic performance
- Promotes endothelial synthesis of nitric oxide
- Optimizes circulatory health via vasodilation
- Maintains healthy immune response
- Promotes stamina and muscle repair
- Supports wound healing
Patient One Arginine supplies 750mg of important amino acid nutrition to support a range of functions in the body. L-Arginine is most noted as a precursor to nitric oxide (NO), a vasodilator which promotes peak circulation and optimizes diverse aspects of circulatory-dependent wellness. Through this key role in NO production, Arginine supports heart health, blood vessel health, stamina, and healthy sexual function. L-Arginine is one of the two main amino acids that promote sperm motility.
As a precursor to creatine, Arginine is often used to support muscle function and peak athletic performance. It maintains epithelial integrity of the GI tract and skin, while enhancing collagen synthesis. Arginine is involved in protein synthesis, supporting cell division, wound healing, and tissue and bone repair. Further, Arginine plays a role in the synthesis of antibodies that support healthy immune response by promoting nitrogen retention and T-cell proliferation.
- Medical researchers from the University of Tübingen’s Department of Surgery in Tübingen, Germany, found that “arginine supplementation can lead to normalization or improvement of healing” after conducting a research review into the role arginine plays in cellular physiology. Arginine’s role in tissue repair was found to be a “requirement, ” with researchers concluding that arginine’s ability to produce collagen is “an essential substrate for wound healing processes.”
- The Graduate School of the Arts and Sciences Department of Life Sciences of the University of Tokyo in Japan conducted a 6-month long research study into the benefits of an amino acid dietary supplement containing arginine. Researchers discovered that long-distance runners taking the supplement daily demonstrated a significant improvement to their physical condition through increased cardiovascular health.
- The Sinai Hospital of Baltimore’s Department of Surgery, in Baltimore, Maryland, researched the effects of arginine supplementation in the elderly for the purposes of determining the amino acid’s ability to promote healing. Thirty men and women over the age of 65 received arginine supplementation for 2 weeks, leading to a significant increase in wound closure. Researchers also discovered that arginine supplementation appeared to increased immune response in the elderly by stimulating T-cell function as well.
- Witte MB, Barbul A. Arginine physiology and its implication for wound healing. Wound Repair Regen 2003 Nov-Dec;11(6):419-23.
- Ohtani M, Maruyama K, Suzuki S, Sugita M, Kobayashi K. Changes in hematological parameters of athletes after receiving daily dose of a mixture of 12 amino acids for one month during the middle- and long-distance running training. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001 Feb;65(2):348-55.
- Campbell B, Roberts M, Kerksick C, Wilborn C, Marcello B, et al. Pharmacokinetics, safety, and effects on exercise performance of L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate in trained adult men. Nutrition 22 (2006) 872– 881.
- Kirk SJ, Hurson M, Regan MC, Holt DR, Wasserkrug HL, Barbul A. Arginine stimulates wound healing and immune function in elderly human beings. Surgery. 1993 Aug;114(2):155-9; discussion 160.
Take 1-2 vegetarian capsules daily between meals as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
L-Arginine ... 750mg
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), calcium palmitate, stearic acid
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.